[BangPypers] Choosing an Editor for Python ???

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:42:29 CEST 2007

On 9/15/07, Vimal Menon <vimalmenon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Stany's Python Editor (SPE) is easy and comfortable for beginners, its
> wonderful :) . WingIDE is also good, but its not free :).  I use vi though,
> vi has nice little tricks which keeps on amusing me and keep me attached to
> vi. On Windows system I love to use UltraEdit(not free), it is very powerful
> and memory efficient (better than vi ;) .. hehe my assumption) and also has
> a python extension (syntax highlight). UltraEdit also works fine through
> WINE in linux.

<bail>
Not meant to start Emacs - vi flame wars !
</bail>

Though I mentioned SPE,  I normally use Emacs for everything
unless I want some quick trick like generating UML on the fly
from code.

However I am an emacs veteran with an experience of using
it and customizing it with elisp for last 13 years. Definitely
not meant for the newbie :)

> Regards,
> Vimal

-Anand