[BangPypers] Choosing an Editor for Python ???

O.R.Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:33:35 CEST 2007

> I use Eclipse with the following extensions: PyDev, Amateras HTML Editor, Subclipse. All these free tools gives me the feel of a nice IDE for developing moderately complex Python (Turbogears) applications.

Guys, all this and well, but it does not look like we are helping the newbie who wanted to use MS-Word as his Python editor.
Lets just ask him to start with IDLE or PythonWin and then come back to any of the suggestions.

Original Poster:
	Please dont get confused by so many suggestions.
1) As IDLE is already installed on your system when you installed Python. Start with that.
2) If you installed python through ActiveState distribution, start with PythonWin (You will find a shortcut in your Start->Programs->Python25).

THEN, come back to this discussion and read the posts. You will find a good editor suggestion suitable to your needs.

Welcome!

--
O.R.Senthil Kumaran
http://uthcode.sarovar.org