[Async-sig] Asyncio-tkinter hope this is the right thread for this

Tim Jones spiritlynxs at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 23:26:07 EDT 2017

Hi I am trying to build an application on the raspberry Pi using python3.6 and tkinter for the GUI. It is an entry system for a community project and so I need to be able to receive FOB swipe data into the application which is running a tkinter user interface.

Any who I have all the components working ok but can't seem to get them to work together. I am trying to use asyncio but keep clashing with the tkinter event loop, so my question is can the asyncio loop work cooperatively with the tkinter loop?

Do I need to create a seperate thread, or is there some other solution available?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Regards tim

Sent from my iPad