[AstroPy] Question regarding implementation of Lomb Scargle Periodogram

Jaclyn Amber John jj94759 at arizona.edu
Tue Sep 26 15:54:36 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

I am working on implementing the Astropy Lomb Scargle Periodogram to
estimate the coefficients on a spectrally-dependent modulation function,
which is the sum of a sin and cos wave. For now I am working with simulated
data. The modulation function is unevenly sampled in wavenumber, which is
why the LSP was selected for data reduction. The frequency of the
modulation function is also dependent on wavenumber. I have a working
example of the LSP for a constant frequency, but I need the algorithm to
work for an array of frequencies, since the frequency changes with
wavenumber. Please see my example on my lab's github:

https://github.com/Polarization-Lab/IRCSP/blob/master/demonstrations/LSP%20Example%20for%20Astropy%20community%20.ipynb
.

If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

--
*Jaclyn John *
PhD Student *|* Polarization Lab