[AstroPy] AstroPy Digest, Vol 103, Issue 9

Pauline Barmby pbarmby at uwo.ca
Thu Apr 16 15:45:10 EDT 2015

> I have a question regarding writing out a table to latex. One of my columns
> is the value of a parameter, and another column is the uncertainty. I was
> wondering if there's a nice way to have the writer combine these into one
> column that has value \pm uncertainty? Or should I combine the columns
> beforehand into exactly the string I want to be written out?

Hi Alex --

I have some code that does what you want, admittedly not in
a super-elegant way:

https://gist.github.com/PBarmby/e4384a81cf2e1c53365c

Suggestions, PRs, etc welcome.

Dr. Pauline Barmby, Associate Professor
Department of Physics & Astronomy,  Western University
1151 Richmond St., London, ON N6A 3K7, Canada
Voice: (519) 661-2111 x81557 Fax: (519) 661-2033
pbarmby at uwo.ca