[AstroPy] combining columns when writing a table to latex

Moritz Guenther moritz.guenther at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 13:06:17 EDT 2015

Hi Alex,

you will need to modify the table and add a new column before you call
the latex writer. The LaTeX writer can only write the columns of your
tables as they are.
However, personally, I would strongly prefer to have two columns (value
and uncertainty) and not merge them into a single string. If anybody
ever wants to read in the data from your LaTeX table (I sometimes pull
the latex from astro-ph if I want to read data from a journal article
that is not included as electronic table), astropy will read a tables
where value and uncertainty are different columns easily, but it's some
extra pain to parse a string column with values like "$10.5 \pm 1.1".

Yours,
Moritz