[AstroPy] aplpy.FITSFigure only works from ipython --pylab

Alexander Joseph Conley Alexander.Conley at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jun 25 13:10:01 EDT 2014

Sorry, that should have been matplotlib.pyplot.show(), not fig.show().
I was grabbing too quickly from something where I made FITSFigure
plot in an already defined window.

I never use pylab, and this works for me:

import aplpy
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

f = aplpy.FITSFigure(image_name)
f.show_grayscale()
plt.show()

What I really usually do is something more like:

f, ax = plt.subplots(1)
fig = aplpy.FITSFigure(name_of_image, figure=f)
fig.show_grayscale()
f.show()

You can see where my previous message went wrong… sorry about that.

Alex