[AstroPy] ccdproc v0.2.0 released

Steve Crawford crawford at saao.ac.za
Tue Jul 29 10:29:04 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the release of the ccdproc package.  All of the major features in the original API have been included into the packaging including basic reductions, combining, and transforming a CCDData object.  The package is ready for testing and we are at a point to get feedback from different interested users on what it is useful, what needs to be changed, and what else is needed.  Please post any comments or issues at https://github.com/astropy/ccdproc.

For right now, the package can be downloaded in one of several ways including:

pip:
pip install ccdproc

Downloading of the current tarball:
https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/c/ccdproc/ccdproc-0.2.tar.gz

Directly from the source:
git clone https://github.com/astropy/ccdproc.git

Ccdproc does require v0.4 of astropy, so please have installed the most recent version of astropy.

Documentation describing the package is available here:
http://ccdproc.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

In addition, an ipython notebook example for reducing a set of data is availalble here:
http://ccdproc.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ccdproc/reduction_examples.html

Please feel free to pass this message onto any colleagues who may be interested.  We are still in the process of updating documentation and adding additional functionality, but any feedback or contributions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Steve and Matt