[AstroPy] comments on coordinate system and wcs packages

Scott Ransom sransom at nrao.edu
Fri May 4 17:01:59 EDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 02:32 PM, Victoria G. Laidler wrote:
> I would just like to chime in that I think the IFU use case
> is going to become increasingly important, and I would like
> to see an IFU example worked out in the
> documentation/rationale for whatever approaches are considered.

To kind-of second this emotion, it's important to remember that a lot of
other non-O/IR data uses data cubes as well (such as radio/mm/submm) and
handling for this kind of thing is crucial for them (CASA for EVLA and
ALMA data heavily uses Python and works with data cubes).

Scott

--
Scott M. Ransom            Address:  NRAO
Phone:  (434) 296-0320               520 Edgemont Rd.