[AstroPy] anyone using Pandas?

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 23:52:40 EST 2012

Sorry before this didn't go to the list:

Hey guys,

I'm slowly understanding better what pandas is about. The object I'm representing in a pandas data frame is an atomic database.
Each line in there has atomic_number, ion_number, level_number, energy, g. So I have created a Pandas dataFrame and then set the index to atomic_number, ion_number, level_number. Now I want to make a new DataFrame where atomic_number in (6, 7, 8, 9) - but it is an index. how do I do that?

Cheers