[AstroPy] Oblique rectangles in APLpy

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon May 30 12:57:20 EDT 2011

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

The easiest way to do this would be to figure out the coordinates of the corners of the rectangles in Galactic coordinates, and use show_polygons to plot them. Note that you can use the fk52gal function in aplpy.wcs_util to facilitate the conversion from J2000 to Galactic coordinates. Let me know if this does not work!

Cheers,
Tom