[AstroPy] A quick survey of PyFITS users

Erik Bray embray at stsci.edu
Thu May 26 10:07:49 EDT 2011

Thanks Tom,

Regarding documentation, I've been working on sphinx versions of the
users guide (the Handbook) and the the API docs.  It still needs some
work, but it's mostly usable :)

I have the latest version of the docs uploaded at
http://packages.python.org/pyfits/, which will be kept up to date.  It
will also be hosted a the URL you pointed out, but I don't know how to
put anything on that web server yet.  (Worth mentioning also is that
pyfits itself can be downloaded from PyPI now:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyfits).

In the future I can try to make these docs easier to find.  And I agree,
it would be good to add the release date to the docs.

Erik