[AstroPy] Capturing pyfits warnings

Bridgman, William T. william.t.bridgman at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 15 12:28:45 EDT 2010

Jim,

Beyond another package with a learning curve of limited use in our
environment, probably not.  I occasionally use FV, but that is pretty
stand-alone.

Because we work with so many datasets from a wide variety of missions
(Earth/geospace/solar) and often *combine* them to tell stories, we
have lots of packages installed - enough that we've had significant
name collisions and path problems between them.

Tom