[AstroPy] AstroLib vs Astlib vs APLpy vs ...

Richard Hook rhook at eso.org
Thu Jun 25 03:17:59 EDT 2009

Dear All,

In a similar vein, and also something of a self-plug, I would like to
mention that at ESO we are working on a new version of
the Scisoft collection (www.eso.org/scisoft). This already contains a
lot of Python packages (listed at the link given below), as well as
IRAF/STSDAS and many other things, and for each release we look around
for updates and additional items to include. So, we will try to add some
of the new things mentioned here (such as Kapteyn). Suggestions welcome
- we want to include as much astronomically useful material as is possible!

See:
http://www.eso.org/sci/data-processing/software/scisoft/Scisoft-contents.html

for a list of current contents. Scisoft is available as a big tar file
as well as through yum.

The new Scisoft VIII will appear in the late summer (all being well) and
will be built on Fedora 11.

Cheers, Richard