[Matrix-SIG] Re: a full-blown interactive data analysis environment

Ryszard Czerminski ryszard at moldyn.com
Tue Feb 9 13:47:11 EST 1999

It would help a lot to start to develop some document
which would describe what do we want from this new package
(i.e. requirements).

This can be a good basis for further discussion.

It should probably include as well on some general
level analysis and description of existing packages
in this field (matlab, idl, root (http://root.cern.ch),
scilab - to name the few) and what makes them inadequate
enough to justify development of
yet-another-data-analysis-package.

One basic reason - at least for this group - is lack of
Python front-end (:-).

Ryszard

Ryszard Czerminski         phone : (617)354-3124 x 10
Moldyn, Inc.               fax   : (617)491-4522
955 Massachusetts Avenue   e-mail: ryszard at moldyn.com
Cambridge MA, 02139-3180   or      ryszard at photon.com

Matrix-SIG maillist  -  Matrix-SIG at python.org