[Archiver-dev] Continuously crawling an email list

Jeff Marshall marshman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:51:50 CET 2011

Hi Matt.  For mail-archive.com we essentially do what you mention: we have a
global email address (archive at mail-archive.com) that list admins can
subscribe to their list, and then our service converts the received messages
into MHonArc archives.  When a list admin comes to us with a request to load
up old archives we chew through the old mbox files and pump them into our
MHonArc-digesting code.

I'm not aware of any scripts that would follow a list in an easier fashion.
 A benefit to subscribing an address to the list is you make the list admin
aware of who you are, and they have the option of saying no.

Jeff