[python-advocacy] [dfwPython] brainstorming new ways to teach Python 101

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon Aug 9 16:42:21 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Brad Allen <bradallen137 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>> I have a 2 hour Python Syntax talk, which is really abou 150 things to enter
>> at the python prompt, with a few things to say about each.
>
> Cool, that sounds useful. Where can we find it?

good question.  I think it is on a desktop box that I haven't unpacked
yet.  (just moved, may be a few weeks.)  Why isn't it in a public
repo?!?

>> When is the event?  What is th AV plan?
>
> Saturday, August 28  (see http://pytexas.org).
>
> Tim Freund volunteered to drive to Texas and help with AV. We're still
> waiting for other volunteers to step forward and assist, and I think
> we'll probably have some locals be forthcoming pretty soon. (My wife,
> Bonnie, will be on hand to help though she doesn't have any AV
> experience).
>
> Personally I'd enjoy having a video covering the event more like a
> news crew, rather than strictly one video per talk.
>
>  Tim? Do you want to say anything about AV-related planning?

Is there a pyTx list?  maybe should move this there.  but then again,
py vids do help with advocacy.

http://dvswitch.alioth.debian.org/wiki/

http://dvswitch.alioth.debian.org/wiki/conference/

I have also just discovered
http://wiki.softwarelivre.org/TV/SltvProject

but have only talked to one of the developers, have not looked at the
code or anything.

--
Carl K