[python-advocacy] How programming language webpages should be designed

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Nov 9 05:58:43 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009, Carl Karsten wrote:

> I thought we wanted code on the front page, not a choice of links to code.

What we?  My personal preference is for a prominent link to sample code;
I can't support more than one code snippet on the front page given all
the other competing uses for that space (I'm speaking with my webmaster
hat on, although I'm not speaking for the webmaster team), and I think
that several code samples works better.

[on old computer technologies and programmers]  "Fancy tail fins on a
brand new '59 Cadillac didn't mean throwing out a whole generation of
mechanics who started with model As."  --Andrew Dalke