[python-advocacy] OSCON ramp-up: booth

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Apr 29 19:54:24 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009, David Goodger wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:23, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>>
>> OSCON this year is local to me, and I'd like to make this the year we
>> finally have a booth at OSCON. ?Does anyone here have experience with
>> purchasing material for a booth?
>
> What kind of material? The booth proper ("pipe & drape", tables,
> chairs) are typically provided by the conference. The group must
> provide their own signage (a small generic sign is often supplied,
> like "group X, booth Y"), pamphlets, and swag. I can help with the
> PyCon sources for those things. If you're looking for funding, a
> request to the PSF would be in order (once a budget is established of
> course).

I'm thinking it would be nice to have a banner with the Python logo.
Before asking the PSF for a budget, I'd like to have some clue about what
an appropriate budget would be.  I'm figuring we'll discuss this on the
oscon list; I'll start a thread there in a few days after people have a
chance to sign up.

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair