[python-advocacy] Python culture clash complaint

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Mon May 19 05:28:24 CEST 2008

After reading his diatribe, he is not referring to how he is treated
by the community , but rather his commentary is about the docs.  Maybe
the truth could be pointed out out in a more touchy-feely manner but
it doesn't change the fact of what join does.

He then goes on to single out an unnamed irc member about his comment
on line length. (PEP8) (And the writer was just lurking, not
participating)  As a side note, when I first started with Python I
couldn't see why tabs were inferior to spaces -- although it didn't
take long for me to amend my ways, wisdom is always gained at a
price.<g>  Python doesn't coerce you very much and most times gives
you plenty of rope to trip yourself.

Maybe I am completely off base, but it appears as if the writer is
looking for a way to justify his decision to not like Python.  His
remark about "fundamentalist religious methods of conversion" is sheer
hyperbole.  He should have led off with that, instead I had to read to
the end to confirm what I suspected.

-Jeff