[python-advocacy] Fund raising and Swag

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:59:40 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am with the Arkansas Python Users Group (Python Artists of Arkansas,
or PyAR^2) and am to the point of requesting businesses in our area
for funds.  Are there any examples of letter to do this?  We have a
few "technology" companies in the area, but I would like to present
this more as something a responsible member of our business community
would do, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Another area we could use help is on swag.  Is there a list anywhere
of companies or people we could approach for swag?  OReilly is going
to send some books and Elegant Stitches will give us some stuff
(seeing as my wife owns it :-).  Are there others we can ask?  Does
the PSF help out with this (that is, do they contribute $$ to regional
conferences)?

Thanks for your help.

--greg