[python-advocacy] silent-movie slideshow?

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:10:50 CEST 2008

Hi!  I'm thinking of putting up a table at the next Ohio LinuxFest to
hawk Python and PyOhio.  One of the things I'd like to put on it is a
computer screen paging gradually through some instructive and/or
eye-catching samples of things Python can do... everything from
"here's list comprehension" to "here's a tiny Pyglet game".  Stuff to
catch the eyes of the passers-by and millers-about.

Before I go off writing one from scratch, does anybody know of an
existing slideshow along those lines?  I didn't see one at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy.  (Some promising possibilities,
like "http://advocacy.python.org/@@/collaterals/PythonAdvocacyGlossy-1-A4.pdf",
give me "Service temporarily unavailable".)

Or a good tool to write it in?  I'm thinking maybe Bruce, but I
haven't tried 2.0 yet.

Oh, yeah - and it would also be good to hand out some stuff.  A
one-page Getting Started with Python guide would be nice.
Suggestions?

Thanks!
--
- Catherine