[python-advocacy] Python vs Ruby on Apple site

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 27 22:17:55 CET 2007

On  27-Nov-2007, at 20:05 , Noah Gift wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Bjørn Stabell wrote:
>
>> I think this article is not entirely up-to-date in its information
>> (or
>> lack thereof) of Python, especially if compared with its treatment of
>> Ruby.  It comes off as pretty biased.  If someone has corrections and
>> connections, I might be good to do Python a bit more justice.
>>
>> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/
>> RubyPythonCocoa/Articles/RubyPythonMacOSX.html
>
> I agree with you.  There seems to be a lack of documentation from
> Apple about the new bridge and Python.  I would love to see more
> articles and more documentation.

I had a long look at the article (and the other Ruby and Python
material around it), and I must say that I don't see the bias. Quite
the reverse, I get the impression that whoever wrote this went out of
his/her way to offset every nice remark about one of the languages by
an equally nice remark about the other one. Which bits are you
finding biased?

I've also cc'd Ronald Oussoren, who is probably the best bridge
between the Python community and Apple (being the person who did all
the work:-), and I'd also like to know whether he sees any bias here,
Goldman