[python-advocacy] Forrester Research Survey Answers for Review

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Sat May 26 14:33:29 CEST 2007

Whew! I've finished filling out the survey response to Forrester Research and
it was much harder than I expected.  I'll be delivering it to them on Tuesday
morning, so I'm making it available online to the community for correction and
final input.

  http://dfwpython.org/uploads/Forrester/forrester-survey.txt

At this stage I'm looking for blatant errors, embarrassing claims and
overlooked significant features.  Some of the questions called for an essay
answer but I'm only permitted a few paragraphs and had to boil matters down
quite a big.

Anyway, if anyone is around this holiday weekend, I'd appreciate a quick skim,
especially by anyone associated with Jython or IronPython, as I might have
misunderstood something and made claims that aren't precisely accurate.  It
goes into a spreadsheet and the cell numbers are next to each response, so you
can refer to those.

I think afterward I may turn this into a whitepaper, with somewhat expanded
answers, to recycle the effort.

-Jeff