[python-advocacy] Helping get Python in more publications?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri May 4 17:16:42 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:18:35AM -0500, Jeff Rush wrote:
> the local user group.  We could create a generic del.icio.us account that
> represents the entire community, encourage people to add that tag to items of
> Pythonic interest, and then run a script like you have to pull down the top N
> links, along with their descriptive del.icio.us text and stick it on some page

I have a script to turn del.icio.us's RSS into entries for each day.
This script is used for the LiveJournal mirror of my various weblogs
(http://akuchling.livejournal.com/).  Let me know if either script
would be useful.  My Python-related links are at
<http://del.icio.us/amk/python>.

For a while I had the del.icio.us tag for 'jython' on the
planet.jython.org aggregator, but the problem is that includes
*everyone's* links.  Someone is always discovering say,
www.jython.org, and linkblogging it, so the same links always came
back day after day.

--amk