[python-advocacy] Proposal for Monthly podcast series

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Jun 17 02:11:17 CEST 2007

Ralph wrote:
> Howdy,
>   Esoteric is what I was aiming at, but there is more.  Each podcast
> would be 30 to 60 minutes and so the project to be talked about has to
> be on the smaller side.  Jeff would be talking about the theory behind

My *personal* take would be that this podcast has to compete with all
the other things vying for my attention. If it covers something I
already want to learn about then great, otherwise it goes fairly far
down the list...

I guess people are different though and some *prefer* to learn about
something they have not heard of - I would be worried about limiting the
audience though.

Probably the right approach is a good mix.

In 60 minutes you can certainly get quite far with Turbogears - I've not
used the other web frameworks, but I imagine the same is true. You don't
need to 'do them justice' - just give people enough to get them started.

Anyway - it is a great idea. (BeautifulSoup should *definitely* be on
your list by the way...)

Michael