[python-advocacy] LinkedIn Python Developers?

Alvin Wang alvinwang at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:48:01 CET 2007

I would link to one person that allows people to see their contacts but I
would not want people to madly invite me.  By adding strangers to your list,
you encourage spam mail from other people that want to connect to
strangers.  The proper way to do use LinkedIn for this is to create a
LinkedIn Group.

http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=groups_faq

That way all members of the group will have a nice python Foundation logo at
the bottom.  We can search each others contacts.  It is easier since you
don't need to invite potentially hundreds of people.  It is also FREE.

Alvin

On 1/23/07, Grig Gheorghiu <grig at gheorghiu.net> wrote:

> I created a Wiki page with the names of the people who contacted me so
> far on LinkedIn:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/LinkedInPythonNetwork
>
> Feel free to add your name so that people can start sending you
> LinkedIn invitation.
>
> Let the meshing begin :-)
>
> Grig
>
> --- Tennessee Leeuwenburg <tennessee at tennessee.id.au> wrote:
>
> > I had a thought...
> >
> > One way to help spread Python would be to have a strong presence of
> > Python
> > developers in various online networks. One that springs to mind is
> > LinkedIn,
> > a job related social networking site.
> >
> > If we could encourage Python developers to start adding eachother to
> > their
> > LinkedIn network, then we shoud be able to create a well-connected
> > developer
> > network with business and industry contacts. This should benefit
> > everyone --
> > both people looking for Python developers, and also people looking
> > for work.
> >
> > Comments?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -T