[python-advocacy] User Group Flyer

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Tue Apr 17 22:52:26 CEST 2007

Hi Jeff!

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
> I've developed a general purpose flyer for the local user group.  I
> was wondering:
>
> 1) Is there some common area where this can be posted for re-use by
> other User Groups?

Please send it to me and I'll get it up onto www.python.org.  I have a few
such documents under advocacy.python.org but we're trying to relocate that
under www.python.org.

> 2) If not #1, is anyone else interested in such a group repository?  I
> see that a few of the Groups have their own websites with file
> repositories, but things become spread out and have to be rediscovered
> by other user groups before they can be used to their advantage.

I have a strong interest in such a repository, but for now the PSF would like
us to concentrate on content rather than infrastructure.  I have some
prototype Zope3 code for such a repository but it isn't ready for general use
at this time.

> On a slightly different note: I recall their be a posting by Jeff Rush
> about a user-group specific mail list, I don't recall if it was a firm
> thing or just an idea.  I don't know what happened, I offered to help
> administer the list and keep a list of groups/leaders/email addresses.
>  That offer is still on the table if it would help out.

Thanks.  I haven't forgotten your offer and hope to ramp these actions up this
 week.  I've been rather quiet working (struggling really with the tools) on
some Python screencasting and will work to be more visible in these other areas.

-Jeff