[python-advocacy] FaceBook uses Python

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Apr 3 21:29:55 CEST 2007

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> Facebook has released an internal RPC tool.  From the whitepaper at
> http://developers.facebook.com/thrift/:
>
> 	Thrift currently supports five target languages: C++, Java, Python,
> 	Ruby, and PHP. At Facebook, we have deployed servers
> 	predominantly in C++, Java, and Python.
>
> Does anyone want to do the legwork on getting a success story for
> them?

FYI, I created a mailing list for people working on the Python Success
Stories collection on pythonology.org:

That's where I'm posting new stories that come in and where other
related work will be discussed.  Actually starting to actively pursue
stories again would be a good thing (I haven't done that in several
years now as I haven't had time).

Recently, David Turvene completed the first not-edited-by-me story:

http://pythonology.org/success&story=devil

This one hasn't been moved onto python.org yet, as we want to change
the system on python.org so they can be propagated automatically rather
than by hand.

- Stephan