SIG on Process Threading in Python
This sig has been retired.
New postings to the mailing list will be rejected, but the archives of the old list are still available for perusal. See the SIGs home page for info about active and inactive lists.
This list's mission is to improve the status of threading in Python.
- Python will have a sufficiently powerful threading interface that users can concentrate on using threads rather than writing threading tools.
- There will be sufficient Python threading documentation.
- Python should support threading well on every platform with decent native OS support.
- There should be some kind of answer to the problems caused by Python's central interpreter lock.
- The issues of threading with respect to multiprocessor
machines are addressed.